Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Wabtec Corporation
- Functional Area
- Business Unit
- Regular Full-Time
- Wabtec Railways Electronics
Responsible as technical owner and expert on system issues in support of inquiries from other engineering groups and our customers. This includes system level technical guidance to the engineering team during all phases of development (requirements definition, design, test, validation, production, and commission) to ensure that new systems and products meet customer requirements.
· Reviews customer specifications, identifies unique features and recommends appropriate product offerings to meet the requirements.
· Provides the engineering team with Systems Requirements for new products that enable them to quickly and clearly develop design requirements.
· Creates customer supporting documentation such as installation diagrams and technical manuals.
· Supports system validation through the creation of validation test scripts, production test procedures, customer installation validation test plans, on-site builder/customer validation and technical support.
· Establishes pass/fail criteria for critical functions and tests and participates in executing system validation plans and communicating results.
· Oversight of lab and field test activities to ensure success in each test phase with the ultimate objective of system acceptance by the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA).
· Problem Report Administration for office segment issues.
· Travels to car/locomotive builders and customer locations to provide system expertise and support of new or existing products.
· Participates in conference calls and meetings to review development status and issues related to product design and performance.
· Suggests and sets priorities within the boundaries of Group objectives and timelines, and demonstrates the ability to stay on schedule to meet commitments.
· Leads validation or troubleshooting efforts internally or in the field, with minimal support
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Ability to work in a very fast pace dynamic environment with daily adjustments to priorities and time to meet the needs of the organization
- Very good general computer skills including the use of protocol analyzers and other data acquisition equipment
- High degree of attention to detail
- Strong debug and troubleshooting skills
- Effective oral communication skills; ability to articulate clearly and concisely
- Self motivated, quick learner, results-oriented and a clear focus on quality