Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Wabtec Corporation
- Functional Area
- Business Unit
- Regular Full-Time
- Wabtec Railways Electronics
Design, develop and support real time embedded software applications for Positive Train Control products at Wabtec Railway Electronics (WRE) a leading supplier of technology-based products and services for the rail and transit industries.
- Analysis, design and development of software for real-time applications on a Linux-like platform using C and/or C++.
- Participate in designing, coding, testing, debugging, configuring, and documenting software as per the company’s policies and procedures
- Working with a team to develop solutions that meet project requirements within the program schedule and budget constraints.
- Take an active role in systems analysis and design of real time applications, defining interfaces between system segments and software architecture and design.
- Facilitate support for fault isolation, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis activities during system integration and validation testing.
- Triage reported issues to assess impact, determine work arounds and propose solutions
- Assist with activities like requirements, design and code reviews.
- Some travel requirements to interface with customers and/or support field test.
- BS in Software Engineering/Computer Science/Electrical/Electronics Engineering is required and MS in a similar discipline is a plus with 5 – 10 years of work experience
- A good understanding of Linux operating systems and networking (TCP/IP)
- Solid work experience with SCM, change management, defect tracking, software build and release processes.
- Experience in implementing a good development process including requirements tracing with tools like ReqPro, DOORS.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, ability to articulate clearly and concisely.
- Self-driven, results oriented and a clear focus on high quality, self-motivated: these qualities are a must.
- High degree of attention to detail.
Benefits as a Wabtec employee:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance starts on your first day
New hires start with 3 weeks of vacation per year then receive 4 weeks at the beginning of their 5th year
- Paid Sick time
10 paid holidays
- Summer hours
- Company paid disability, life insurance and AD&D.
401(k) plan- receive 6% of your annual compensation in company-provided contributions (if you contribute 3%)
And much more!