Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Systems Engineer
at Wabtec Corporation
- Functional Area
- Business Unit
- Regular Full-Time
- Wabtec Railways Electronics
Wabtec Railway Electronics, a leading supplier of technology-based products and services for the rail and transit industries, is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to join our team focused on development of innovative Positive Train Control (PTC) products enhancing train operation and safety.
The Senior SE provides system level technical guidance to the engineering team during all phases of I-ETMS development (requirements definition, safety assessment, software development, test, validation, and commissioning) to ensure that new systems and products meet customer needs and applicable standards compliance.
- Specification of detailed system requirements, behavioral models, and interface definitions
- Creation of technical white papers covering on-board and back-office control systems
- Leading role in requirement and design reviews with customers and development teams
- Verification of pass/fail criteria for critical functions and tests specified by the validation team
- Considered a system expert; owns technical issues and drives them to resolution
- Supports hands-on troubleshooting and validation in a lab environment or in the field
- Occasional travel to locomotive builders and customer locations to provide system expertise and support of new or existing products.
- BSEE/BSCS/BSCE and minimum 10 years development or system engineering experience
- Experience in Systems Engineering and formal requirements definition with a focus on application software development and/or test
- Experience with configuration management, requirements management, and defect tracking tools such as Telelogic Change, IBM Rational Team Concert, IBM Rational Requisite Pro, DOORS Next Generation, or similar products
- Experience with SharePoint, SVN, UML, is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to articulate clearly and concisely
- High degree of attention to detail; approaches tasks in a meticulous and thorough manner
- Self-motivated, quick learner, results-oriented, with a clear focus on quality
- Knowledge and experience with INCOSE or similar system engineering standards a plus
- Strong debug and troubleshooting skills; ability and willingness to work hands-on
- Railroad industry experience a plus, but not required