Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Job ID
- # of Openings
NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) provides engineering and consulting services to public and private sectors, delivering solutions through five business verticals: Construction Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, Energy, Program Management, and Environmental. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
NV5 is currently seeking an Environmental Engineer or Senior Environmental Engineer, flexible location, to work with the Cedar Rapids, Iowa staff supporting our air quality and other environmental lines of service. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and well versed in leading and collaborating with local and national clients on the delivery of air quality reporting, permitting, dispersion modeling and problem resolution.
- Lead and contribute to environmental teams in the delivery of air quality emissions reporting, compliance reporting, construction permitting, Title V permitting, compliance assistance, air dispersion modeling, toxic release inventory reporting, Tier 2 reporting and other environmental assistance as requested.
- Management of projects to meet client expectations for technical excellence, budget and schedule.
- Business development and preparation of proposals and probable costs.
- Develop and maintain client relationships.
- Occasional travel for site visits and client meetings.
- Participate in training and mentoring staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental engineering, environmental science or related field.
- Experience leading environmental air quality projects.
- Minimum 5 years related experience.
- Experience in analyzing and solving permitting and compliance problems.
- Substantial knowledge of federal environmental air regulations.
- Familiarity with local and state environmental air regulations.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with MS Office Suite.
- Experience with AERMOD air dispersion modeling.
Experience with Storm Water and SPCC
- Licensed Professional Engineer not required, but desirable.
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.