Masonite International Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Masonite International Corporation
Our vision is to be the best provider of building products in the eyes of our customers, employees, shareholders, suppliers and communities.
At Masonite, we understand that people are key. We are a composite of diverse people who come together by showing support and respect to one another.
We hire people that demonstrate integrity under pressure. Integrity is at the foundation of everything we do. It is in each door we make, in our commitment delivery and in our honest and sincere communication.
Our employees are flexible, versatile and resilient. Our ability to weather any storm, to bend without breaking, is what allows us to hear the knock and open the door with confidence, no matter what's on the other side.
At Masonite, we hold the door open for each other and for new ideas. We want everyone to freely contribute ideas and add value, so we are positive and encouraging. This collaborative environment is what makes Masonite a transparent, fair company- one that doesn't hide behind closed doors.
We continuously strive to improve both our products and our customers' experiences. This drive leads us to revolutionize the door industry and help people walk through walls.
Responsible for developing production drawings from hardware templates, customer sketches and drawing requests. In addition, finalize drawings for Product Engineers from concept drawings. Opportunities to advance within the position are available through added responsibilities of checking drawings, writing documentation for the department, cross training and software management.
- Create designs and drawings from hardware manufacturer’s templates, engineering guidelines and sketches, customer sketches and per manufacturing request
- Provide designs and drawings for fixturing to aid manufacturing
- Communicate with customers and internal team members to resolve order issues
- Review other team member drawings for accuracy
- Proficient with Solidworks or CAD
- Update production drawings based on hardware manufacture changes
- Check label capabilities of doors and hardware
- Assist with problem solving for both internal and external customers
- Communicate with other departments to ensure smooth and efficient order flow
- Communicate orally and written with customers to verify conflicts as well as offer solutions to resolve order issues
- Contact hardware manufactures for assistance with missing template items and label capabilities
- Maintain acceptable levels of quality and production
- Work with teams to complete and present 8D
- Assist in creation of and review of design specifications
- Works with multiple computer systems
- A two-year drafting degree or equivalent with CAD or SolidWorks experience preferred
- Hardware / Door knowledge, Working knowledge of and experience with Solid Works or CAD software preferred.
- The ability to read engineering drawings specific to door hardware and follow guidelines to create production drawings required
- Working knowledge of and experience with Solid Works software preferred