Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at LESAFFRE INTERNATIONAL
Night Shift rotating 3/2/3/2 (5pm - 5am)
The primary purpose of this position is to oversee shift operations and personnel to ensure a consistent, quality finished
product by maintaining adherence to procedural standards and making necessary adjustments during the production
process. Reports directly to the Packaging Superintendent or the CY-Nut Lead Supervisor in his/her absence. May
receive work direction or assignments from the CY-Nut Lead Supervisor, Production Manager, or the Plant Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned depending upon operational needs
- Understand and effectively manage all employee safety programs to ensure proper procedures are followed. Act immediately upon unsafe conditions or behavior.
- Understand and manage all food safety programs and closely monitor key areas.
- Effectively communicate with employees in a respectful manner. Provide employees with clear expectations and follow up on their performance. Write and conduct formal performance reviews annually.
- Ensure procedures of followed. Correct any deficiencies.
- Provide employees with training and resources to effectively meet performance standards.
- Plan production runs, and modify as needed to maximize throughput or meet customer demands.
- Manage and direct employees in an effective and fair manner.
- Monitor operations and anticipate or follow up on various operation and personnel issues.
- Provide positive and constructive feed back on employee performance. Implement progressive discipline as needed in a fair and objective manner.
- Accurately communicate relevant operations and personnel information to management in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot mechanical and process problems. Perform minor maintenance on machines and equipment.
- Effectively manage shift maintenance personnel.
- Analyze, process, and act upon operational data per procedural standards.
- Manage inventories of raw materials, packaging supplies, and finished product. Follow up on Oracle inventories and correct as needed. Enter and/or adjust production batches. Perform physical counts.
Directly supervises 4-9 employees in the Compressed Yeast and Nutritional departments. Carries out supervisory responsibilities policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Environmental, Safety, Quality, and Legal Requirements
Understand and follow:
- Environmental: Universal Waste, Hazardous Waste, SPCC, Title V (Nutritional Particulate)
- Safety: All applicable OSHA Rules and Regulations
- Quality: Quality Management System
- Legal: all pertinent Human Resources, Environmental and Safety Laws and Regulations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to coordinate multiple priorities and follow through to completion.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and trouble-shooting skills.
- Comfortable and proficient with computer based programs (Microsoft word, excel, power point, and e-mail)
- Excellent management, leadership, and people skills.
- Solid understanding of basic math and science and the ability to apply this knowledge.
- Ability to analyze data and facts and make decisions based upon this information.
Associate degree in Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Production Management required or a minimum of 3 years of
experience as a supervisor for a food processing manufacturer. Supervisory experience preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, P&ID charts, and
procedure manuals. Ability to write basic reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of
customers or employees.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram flow. Ability
to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized and non-standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
Ability to be forklift certified required.
Ability to be CPR/First Aid certified required.
Ability to wear respiratory protection
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required
to sit and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities by this
job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving
mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particulates; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; and
extreme heat. The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise
level in the work environment is usually loud.
Facial Hair Policy
Employees working in this position will be required to follow Red Star Yeast's facial hair policy. This is due to requirement of this position to wear respiratory protection.