Heartland Financial USA
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Network Administrator I
at Heartland Financial USA
Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
The Network Administrator I role is to build and implement network systems across the enterprise which includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting and optimizing all local and wide area network connections, corporate servers, associated software and communication links. The Network Administrator will troubleshoot network performance issues, as well as, analyze network traffic and provide capacity planning solutions.
1. Assembles and configures network components and associated services.
2. Sets up and maintains basic network operations, including assembly of network hardware, and provides assistance to the application and systems administrators.
3. Performs network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems.
4. Responds to needs and questions of users concerning their access of network resources.
5. Installs and tests necessary software and hardware.
6. Manages and administers the entire IP based telecommunications infrastructure and its associated software, call management systems, voice mail, interactive voice response and video conferencing systems.
7. Collaborates with systems engineers/architects for upgrades to operating systems, hardware, etc.
8. Assists with installation planning and maintenance of network cabling, including MDF and IDF closets.
9. Monitors and identifies capacity and performance issues for VoIP and video traffic to ensure continued, uninterrupted operation of telephone systems.
10. Conducts testing and develops disaster recovery plans to detect faults, minimize malfunctions, and backup systems.
11. Conducts research on emerging products, services, protocols and standards in support of telecommunications equipment procedure and development efforts.
12. Available to be on-call, as needed.
13. Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it relates to the job function.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Associate’s Degree in Telecommunications, Computer Science or related field; or equivalent years of experience.
2. 1-3 years of network operations experience.
3. Familiar with the IS Business Recovery Plan.
4. Working technical knowledge of VoIP/IP telephony systems, software and hardware.
5. Strong understanding of VoIP QoS issues and mitigation strategies.
6. Direct experience with CISCO switches and routers.
7. Familiarity with network topologies.
8. Ability to operate tools, components, peripherals and testing accessories.
1. Certification in CISCO Networking or a related field preferred.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
Founded in 1981, Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a multi-billion multibank holding company offering uniquely different banking solutions for business and personal clients. Heartland's independent community banks are chartered in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
The Heartland vision is to differentiate itself by highlighting its uniqueness as a commercial banking organization supported by a strong retail delivery system. As one of the top 100 bank holding companies nationwide, Heartland delivers high-quality financial products and service to clients in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
Heartland's common stock is traded through the NASDAQ® Global Select Market System under the symbol "HTLF."
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will