Dubuque Bank & Trust
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Banking Center Manager I
at Dubuque Bank & Trust
Dubuque Bank and Trust a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
The Banking Center Manager I is responsible for the overall performance of one or more branches - ensuring great customer service, driving the sales culture, achieving overall sales growth goals for the banking center and overseeing its operational excellence. This role will also be responsible for referrals to the other lines of business to meet the customer’s financial needs. The position will directly manage the Branch Operations Supervisor and banking center sales team to include: leading sales activities, and providing leadership and coaching. This position will also be personally responsible for enhancing inside sales and developing new business relationships through community involvement.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
Team Sales Responsibilities:
1. Researches and develops marketing opportunities unique to the banking center
2. Builds/maintains a proactive sales culture within the banking center; leads and motivates all banking center staff to build customer relationships, profile customers to identify and solve financial needs, and exceed referral goals
3. Works with banking center employees to meet customers' needs and to maximize cross-selling opportunities. Ensures that the staff refers new business to applicable area and actively participates in the Heartland Referral Incentive Program
4. Serves as the branch expert on Consumer and Business Banking with the ability to close Small Business loans up to the approved limit set forth by bank leadership
5. Participates in joint calls with other bank product partners/specialists
6. Monitors and uses CRM reports to broaden client relationships
7. Manages staff use of CRM system to identify new cross-sell opportunities and customer follow-up
8. Holds frequent huddles with all banking center employees and leads sales meetings to discuss banking center and overall bank performance pertaining to sales goal expectations versus actual sales results
9. Works with the Retail Banking Manager to establish annual banking center growth goals and develop strategies to achieve banking center goals
10. Monitors data to analyze the financial performance of the banking center
Individual Internal Sales Responsibilities:
1. Grows loans, deposits and other financial products/services to reach quarterly and annual personal and banking center sales and/or growth goals
2. Leads by example showcasing skills to deepen customer relationships with individuals and small business clients
3. Maintains customer contact commensurate with customer potential and value
4. Works with Commercial, Business Banking, Mortgage, Wealth Management, and Financial Consulting to cross-sell products and services, as appropriate
5. Develops and grows a portfolio of profitable business and retail customer relationships
6. Provides a great customer experience
7. Develops strong relationships and a leadership presence within the market area served by the banking center; is active in the community at board leadership levels and building networks among Centers of Influence, community leaders and business groups
8. Promotes goodwill and generates new business through involvement in community events and civic organizations. This can include nights and weekends.
9. Utilizes the CRM system and updates frequently with calling efforts and pipeline details.
10. Produces accurate and timely loan packages
11. Maintains a high level of business acumen
1. Directly supervises the Branch Operations Supervisor, Personal Banker, Senior Personal and Universal Banker where applicable
2. Coaches and mentors banking center staff to promote individual growth and development
3. Creates a positive atmosphere that encourages productivity and teamwork among all banking center staff
4. Works with Heartland’s recruitment team to hire the most qualified and talented individuals to fill open positions
5. Provides information on-going communication to department and staff regarding expectations and performance
6. Addresses and resolves all performance concerns and issues in a timely manner
7. Resolves customer concerns or complaints.
8. Prepares and conducts annual performance reviews in a timely manner
1. Oversees and owns the overall operational excellence of the banking center.
2. Conscious of security and complies with all Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering requirements, Privacy of Customer Information Policy, and all consumer protection laws, regulations, and Bank policies as related to assigned job duties.
3. Enforces timely completion of audits and branch reviews.
4. Monitors and reviews banking center security procedures and controls access to vault and cash drawers.
5. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of BSA and other regulatory requirements as related to the branch.
6. Ensures completion of the annual E-Learning Plan, Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and other compliance training as assigned.
7. Follows banks policies and procedures as they relate to customer transactions.
8. Follows security policies and procedures to prevent bank and customer losses.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, Accounting, or equivalent experience required.
2. 3-5 years previous sales and customer service experience required.
3. 1-3 years of experience in banking, business development, personal banking, business banking or branch management highly preferred
4. Previous sales management experience preferred.
5. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, e-mail and the Internet
6. Strong attention to detail
7. Deep knowledge of business lending processes and business loan and deposit products
8. General knowledge of small business needs, personal deposit and consumer loan products, Wealth Management, Treasury Management, fixed annuities, brokerage products, bank services, and Federal regulations
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
Dubuque Bank and Trust offers you friendly, exceptional service and great banking products. As a customer, you have the unique opportunity to develop a relationship with banking professionals who care. We take pride in giving our customers the very best banking experience possible.
Our unmatched dedication to customer service is strengthened by our parent company, Heartland Financial USA, Inc. , a multi-billion financial services company that matches our loyalty to the principles of community banking. Our shared values coupled with Heartland's powerful services bring our customers the personal attention they deserve, backed by the products and services that make Great Things Happen!
Dubuque Bank and Trust’s team of leaders is fully committed to serving our clients, employees and community.
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will