Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Data Management Senior Advisor
at Dell Inc.
Data Management Senior Advisor
Location - Cherrywood
DFS is a global, full-service, captive finance company that supports all Dell business segments – financing over $5 billion USD of end user customers IT equipment, services and software annually. We operate a fully licensed and regulated Bank in Ireland which supports our customers across Europe. The Data Analyst will be part of the newly formed Data Management Office (DMO) which will be responsible for establishing the Data Management Strategy and an approach to Data Management which is proportionate to the risk appetite established for Dell Bank.
You will be responsible for supporting the design, implementation and ongoing operating structures for the Data Management Office. This is a highly visible role, with lots of opportunity to interact with management and functional leaders. You will be measured on the successful implementation of agreed Data Management Office objectives.
Dell is a collective of customer- obsessed, industry- leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we`re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
- Will actively drive/influence Data Management & Governance, Data Architecture, Data Delivery and Data Analytics.
- Support the Head of Data in defining the Data Management strategy and ensure alignment with overall group strategy.
- Support the various business plans and implementation programs to deliver on the DMO strategy.
- Develop key document artefacts (e.g. business glossaries, data dictionaries) so that business data is well understood, clearly defined, and used appropriately.
- Ensure all change programs align with policies, processes and standards set down by the DMO, developing relevant MI and business reports
- Support the Head of Data in developing clear Data Governance practices and ensure these are implemented and embedded across relevant Bank functions.
- Represent the DMO function at relevant Design Authority and Operating Committee forums.
- 5 years' experience as a Data Analyst or Data Scientist with experience in any of the following: analytics, data management, data quality, data modelling etc.
- Demonstrate ability to solve complex data integration and data provisioning challenges with specific expertise in data design.
- Ability to assess competing priority problems, articulate and engage on solutions whilst managing expectations on delivery.
- Understanding of the principles governing best practice in Data Architecture, Management & Governance, Data Quality and Data Usage.
- Knowledge of the upcoming General Data Protection Regulation and its associated challenges (understanding of industry standards like DAMA, ICCP and TOGAF).
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with the confidence to challenge supportively and effectively where appropriate.
- BSc or Masters in Business Analytics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics.
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.