Ames Community School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HVAC Technician V
at Ames Community School District
Join Ames Community School District, where your journey matters!
The Ames Community School District is seeking a qualified HVAC Technician V. This full-time position will work first shift from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm and offers excellent benefits including IPERS retirement plan as well as health, dental, and vision insurance plans. The Ames Community School District has ten HVAC systems total, seven of which are new systems, as well as being in the process of building a new high school (its largest facility) to open in 2022.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain heating, cooling, and ventilating systems (HVAC) in schools and other school district buildings
- Coordinate with Building Automation System supplier to monitor, manage, and maintain equipment and systems, including but not limited to boilers, HVAC equipment, chillers, water softeners, exhaust and supply equipment, DDC controls, actuators, controllers, contactors for heat exchangers, boilers, geothermal well systems, and related equipment
- Perform preventive maintenance inspections and keep records
- Discuss system malfunctions with users to isolate problems
- Inspect inoperative HVAC units to locate source of malfunction
- Respond to emergency calls as needed
Compensation: $25.00 per hour
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or one to three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must possess HVAC Mechanical Journeyperson License and a valid driver's license
- Ability to read, interpret, understand, and implement communications both written and verbal such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Understanding of HVAC and other equipment control computers and software
- Computer competency to process work orders
Closing Date: Open until filled
Candidates, please complete an application online at: https://ames.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
To learn more about the Ames Community School District, visit our websites:
Website - http://www.ames.k12.ia.us
Twitter - https://twitter.com/ACSD_News
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/acsdnews/
It is the policy of the Ames Community School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, creed, age (for employment), marital status (for programs), sexual orientation, gender identity and socioeconomic status (for programs) in its educational programs and its employment practices. There is a grievance procedure for processing complaints of discrimination. If you have questions or a grievance related to this policy please contact Kristin Johnson, Director of Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org, District Offices, 2005 24th St. Ames, IA 50010, 515-268-6610.
Job Contact Information
|Title||Assistant Director of Facilities|
Friday, May 24, 2019 12:00 AM -
Tuesday, December 31, 2019 11:59 PM
(Central Standard Time)