Ames Community School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Custodian Second Shift - Ames Middle School - Full Time
at Ames Community School District
Join Ames Community School District, where your journey matters!
Ames Middle School is seeking a Custodian to work second shift from 3:00–11:30 p.m. This full-time position has excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance plans and IPERS retirement plan.
- Perform routine custodial duties, including cleaning the classrooms, restrooms, offices, and gymnasium
- Prepare facilities for evening and weekend use
- Clean carpets including extraction and bonnet cleaning and care for vinyl tile and terrazzo by stripping, sealing, and waxing
- Perform snow removal by shoveling entrances and spreading ice melt
- Access data and perform data entry in various District electronic systems to input work orders, enter attendance data, etc.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. throughout the shift
- Frequent lifting, bending, carrying and moving heavy objects, such as furniture
- Requires physical endurance to complete snow removal duties
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- General computer skills (email, data entry, etc.)
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work outdoors in inclement weather
Compensation: $13.69 per hour
Closing Date: Open until filled
Candidates, please complete an application online at: https://ames.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
It is the policy of the Ames Community School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, creed, age (for employment), marital status (for programs), sexual orientation, gender identity and socioeconomic status (for programs) in its educational programs and its employment practices. There is a grievance procedure for processing complaints of discrimination. If you have questions or a grievance related to this policy please contact Kristin Johnson, Director of Human Resources, email@example.com, District Offices, 2005 24th St. Ames, IA 50010.
Job Contact Information
|Title||Assistant Director of Facilities|
Tuesday, October 1, 2019 12:00 AM -
Saturday, November 30, 2019 11:59 PM
(Central Standard Time)