Ames Community School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Custodian - On-Call
at Ames Community School District
Join Ames Community School District, where your journey matters!
The Ames Community School District is seeking Custodians to fill in at various locations on an as-needed basis. This is an hourly position that does not include benefits working 20 hours/week or less.
- Perform routine custodial duties, including cleaning the classrooms, restrooms, offices and gymnasium
- Prepare facilities for evening and weekend use
- Clean carpets, including extraction and bonnet cleaning and care for vinyl tile and terrazzo by stripping, sealing and waxing
- Perform snow removal by shoveling entrances and spreading ice melt
- Access data and perform data entry in various District electronic systems to input work orders, enter attendance data, etc.
Physical Demands: Ability to lift 50 lbs. throughout the shift. Frequent lifting, bending, carrying, and moving heavy objects such as furniture. Requires physical endurance to complete snow removal duties.
Compensation: $13.33 per hour
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- General computer skills (email, data entry, etc.)
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work outdoors in inclement weather
Closing Date: Open until filled
Follow the link below to apply for a position that will be fulfilling and impactful.
It is the policy of the Ames Community School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, creed, age (for employment), marital status (for programs), sexual orientation, gender identity and socioeconomic status (for programs) in its educational programs and its employment practices. There is a grievance procedure for processing complaints of discrimination. If you have questions or a grievance related to this policy please contact Kristin Johnson, Director of Human Resources, email@example.com, District Offices, 2005 24th St. Ames, IA 50010.
Job Contact Information
|Title||Facilities Assistant Director|
Tuesday, July 9, 2019 12:00 AM -
Tuesday, June 30, 2020 11:59 PM
(Central Standard Time)