Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Assistant, Float
at Activate HealthCare
*32-hour position will be expected to travel between our Defiance and Archbold clinic locations in Ohio*
Activate Healthcare's unique mission is transforming healthcare by helping people take charge of their health and employers to take charge of health care costs. Medical Assistants are a key member of the Activate clinic team. You'll be involved in a wide range of tasks which includes administrative, front office and clinical activities. Provide assistance to the physician and health coach in delivering clinical services and promoting health and wellness. Manage the flow of patient services and ensure that the clinic has supplies and resources to run efficiently. Our MA’s must have strong team skills with the ability to work with team members within the clinic with a positive attitude and a strong "servant leadership" mentality to both patients and other clinic staff.
We’re seeking an upbeat professional with 2 or more years of Medical Assistant experience in a family practice or primary care setting. Must have current phlebotomy skills, EKG, injections, EMR/computer skills and experience triaging patient calls. Must be comfortable working both front and back office. We offer competitive pay for experience, benefits after 30 days and a small team-oriented atmosphere.
- Proven ability to accomplish clinical duties and excellent communication skills with ability to interact effectively and freely with all levels of management, staff, patients, clients.
- Thorough understanding and commitment to the principles of wellness, coaching and prevention.
- Ability to apply a holistic approach to MA work including a commitment to the job, the patient and the team.
- Proactive and self-directed and able to work well independently. Critical thinking when facing a challenge yet knows how to triage and when to escalate an issue to involve provider or supervisor.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task with quality and detail orientation in a fast-paced environment. Able to switch back and forth between patient interactions and administrative tasks without delays or frustrations and sees all assignments through to completion.
- Excellent customer service skills and able to discern when to prioritize customer-first before other obstacles.